About SymphonyAI Industrial
SymphonyAI Industrial is an innovator in industrial insight, accelerating autonomous plant operations. The industry-leading EurekaAI/IoT platform and industrial optimization solutions connect tens of thousands of assets and workflows in manufacturing plants globally and process billions of data points daily, pushing new plateaus in operational intelligence.
• Digital Manufacturing solutions connect devices, processes, people, and systems enabling harmonizing plant automation and control.
• Plant Performance applications span asset predictive maintenance and process health and optimization, maintaining high availability of equipment, extending the life of capital assets, and reducing process variability.
• Connected Frontline Worker solutions mobilize people and enable them to handle even their most complex processes away from their desks with human-driven procedure and instruction support, using a combination of glasses, smart phones, tablets, and PCs.
SymphonyAI Industrial solutions provide high value to its users by driving variability out of processes and optimizing operations for throughput, yield, energy efficiency, and sustainability.
What You Do
At SymphonyAI Industrial Digital Manufacturing (SIAI-DM), Systems Engineers (SE) engage in all aspects of the customer lifecycle from pre-sales to long term systems support. SE’s work collaboratively with our strategic partners, Customer Success, Soluitions and Development teams in providing a best-in-class customer experience that drives engagement, product expansion and retention. The SE’s job is to support our customer’s use of our industry-leading IIoT platform by providing technical expertise, knowledge share, triage and root cause analysis.
Our SEs are flexible employees who thrive in complex and rapidly changing work environments and have a solid mix of technical and non-technical skills.
This is a hybrid position – in office & remote. We ask that our SEs come in to our Bloomington office a few days a week.
· Build trust and rapport with SIAI-DM customers and partners by responding in a timely manner to their concerns; continually strengthen and broaden knowledge of their production environment to aid in efficiency and effectiveness when resolving issues.
· Strive for proficiency in domain knowledge of Digital Manufacturing products and their application and understand basic functionalities for all SIAI offerings integrated in SIAI-DM solutions.
· Follow SIAI-DM’s strategy of engagement to integrate into team-oriented, collaborative and customer-centric environment
· Collaborate with team members on incident triage, root cause analysis, resolution, and post-incident documentation
· Review customer project onboarding with the Solutions teams to ensure knowledge transfer to the support organization
· Participate in regular project meetings with team members, SME’s and technology team
· Strive to implement automation and connectivity as part of each deliverable.
· Participate in peer review sessions
· Create and maintain customer-facing solution documentation, knowledge articles and FAQs
· Recommend enhancements and additions to the platform and applications suite
· Participate in Solution Communities and make ongoing contributions to SIAI-DM’s bodies of knowledge
· May assist with afterhours escalated support issues as determined by Customer Support Manager
· 0 – 3 yrs experience
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, System Engineering, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
· Potential travel to client or partner domestic and international locations: ~15%
· General programming skills including HTML, SQL, c#, Java
· Basic understanding of software development and automation and/or software development methodologies
· Experience with factory floor (e.g. PLCs, SCADA systems) and system (e.g. ERP) interfaces a plus
· Understanding of version control systems
· General workstation and server user/administration skills; capable of installing/configuring his/her own workstation
· Background in manufacturing & process design a plus
· Strong analytical, logical and problem solving skills
· Working knowledge of enterprise and control systems architecture
· Good troubleshooting skills (diagnostic skills, methodical approach, follows a logical path primarily based upon evidence, tempered with good judgement)
· Ability to communicate effectively with operations, IT and OT to ensure a clear understanding and guarantee successful project implementation
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to effectively collaborate with geographically dispersed teams
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Bloomington, MN 55431: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- programming: 1 year (Required)
- C#: 2 years (Required)
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Required)
Work Location: One location