Symphony IndustrialAI – Digital Manufacturing is looking for talented Sales Executives with a proven track record in B2B software and services sales to the manufacturing, consumer packaged goods and industrial manufacturing industry channels. Experience working with executives or end users looking for technology to enable IoT, digital automation, or smart manufacturing segments is a significant plus. The primary responsibility of the sales executive is to find and close new logo business and expanding our presence in the marketplace. The Sales Executive will operate at the frontlines as a hands-on sales lead, focused on growing our customer and revenue base. Targeting new customers prospects, execute daily sales activity of tracking and managing customer relationships, pursuit activity, developing proposals, etc. via our CRM is key to this role.
The Sales Executive will work closely with the sales team, subject matter experts and technical solution architects to develop solutions that meet client’s needs. Success for the Sales Executive will be measured by their ability to achieve and exceed sales goals.
The Sales Executive will be responsible for personally finding and closing new business, and in addition, teaming with other members of the Symphony Industrial AI – Digital Manufacturing Sales team, Affiliate Executives and Alliance Partners to expand our customer base of Fortune 1000 and select mid-market customers.
- Achieve new logo revenue target by selling the Symphony Industrial AI – Digital Manufacturing platform to the industrial and commercial products space
- Software and Services selling experience to industrial manufacturing, manufacturing, consumer products and related industries
- Has and maintains strong and trusted relationships with Fortune 1000 executives and a network of potential prospects
- Understands and possess knowledge in IIOT, Digital and Smart Manufacturing solution space and associated complex selling process.
- Understands industry trends and customer/market needs. Has the ability to clearly articulate to executives, customers and prospects how our software and services offerings can meet needs and deliver significant value
- Possesses knowledge of the competitive landscape, products and markets related to Smart Manufacturing, Industry 4.0, cloud/edge, big data, artificial intelligence/machine learning and enterprise systems (e.g., ERP, MES, MOM, maintenance, PLM…)
- Exhibits strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop trusted and lasting relationships with executives and at all levels within customer organizations.
- Demonstrates ability to think creatively in the development of customer solutions, pricing and pursuit/proposal strategies.
- Devises new and innovative ways to market products and services.
- Understands sales best practices, methods and supporting systems (including CRM).
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work seamlessly with internal and external teams (e.g., peers, customers, alliance partners, affiliate executives, industry partners)
- Able to create and deliver high impact customer presentations, communications and proposals, adapt with Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Communicates clearly and effectively.
- Sets and meets specific quarterly or annual sales goals. Establishes processes and systems to monitor and report progress to the CEO, senior team and board
- Share and communicate customer requirements, concerns and opportunities with Engineering and other functions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, as well as 10+ years of sales, account management and sales operations.
- Experience in software and professional service sales environment.
- Successful track record of selling, creating strategies, plans and successful lead generation campaigns that resulted in multi-million deals, to large multinational manufacturers
- Hands on sales experience with the ability to both pursue, manage, and close new strategic accounts
- Superb strategic, and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and develop strategies, partnering with other leaders to create an aggressive yet manageable path.
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to influence high-level decision makers
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal constituents both on the service delivery side and throughout a high collaborative team-based sales process.
- Innovative self-starter
- Experience presenting to small and large groups both online and in person
- Ability to travel >50%
Action Oriented – Actively seeks information rather than waiting for it. Knows what decisions he or she can make if immediate approval or check in is not readily available. Makes decisions quickly when called upon to do so and acts decisively to implement solutions and resolve crises. Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals. Seizes the opportunity!
Building Relationships- Exemplifies togetherness and actively works to bring cohesive and cooperative efforts to all he or she does; appreciates and supports selflessness; collaborates openly and proactively; communicates effectively, listens intently and responds appropriately; Approachable and builds solid relationships; Trustworthy – true to his or her word.
Business Acumen- Is “Business Savvy or has good Business Sense.” Understands business implications of decisions; Demonstrates knowledge of the market, trends, practices and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals; Understands how a company makes money; Is critical to effective strategy execution.
Creativity- Uses imagination and/or creative thought process to produce innovative ideas and value-added results in the workplace.
Customer Focus- Understands that customers are all around us, both inside and outside the organization. Acts with customers in mind; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback and uses it for improvements; Responds to request for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Is a trusted resource. Works to ensure that actions and activities are focused on the customers’ satisfaction. Manages difficult and/or emotional customer situations and resolves appropriately and in a timely manner.
Negotiating- Ability to find a solution that meet the legitimate interests of involved parties with minimal noise; Can work to produce an acceptable agreement without damaging relationships; Is seen as a trusted resource who deals directly but diplomatically and fairly.
Oral/Written Communication- Knows when it is better to communicate directly rather than through written format; Provides information when needed; Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; knows audience and adjusts appropriately when needed; Listens and asks clarifying questions; Responds well and participates appropriately in meetings. Knows when it is appropriate to provide written communication; Writes clearly and informatively, effectively delivering desired message; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Presentation Skills- Ability to create and deliver effective and engaging presentations to a variety of audiences both inside and outside the organization; Can manage and shift style if something isn’t working; Knows material and can ward off and effectively manage hot and difficult topics.
Professionalism- Kind and considerate, able to be direct in an appropriate manner; approaches others in a tactful manner; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments; Reacts well under pressure; Gives credit where it is due.
Strategic Thinking- Proficient; Utilizes knowledge of industry and market trends to develop long-term strategies based on the company’s vision and mission; Ability to create business plans, modify and course correct based on changing conditions; Understands organization’s strengths & weaknesses; Analyzes market and competition; Identifies external threats and opportunities to the achievement of the company goals and objectives.
For more information, please see the Physical Requirements Form
This job description covers only the essential functions of the position. Other duties may be assigned.