Directs and oversees the software engineering function in developing, releasing, and maintaining software applications/operating systems according to business needs. Establishes policies and procedures that produce high-quality software products. The deep engineering knowledge and experience this team member has will help coach, mentor and develop the team to be highly successful and engaged. In this position, you will collaborate with other leaders to establish engineering standards, best practices, and drive quality, influence strategic decisions and build world class software solutions for our customers.
- Strong engineering background with a proven track record of leading teams of software engineers, architects, technical leaders, QA engineers, and services engineers
- Partner closely with the Product development team-members to define technical strategy and direction
- Set goals, strategies, budgets, and oversee deployment and support of project updates, releases and bug fixes.
- Generate deliverables, including – but not limited to – proposed architecture, software design, technical roadmaps, and engineering recommendations.
- Driving innovation and cohesiveness in an agile environment across the Engineering, Product, and UX teams.
- Provide technical leadership and work collaboratively with software developers, architects, and product managers to solve complex technical problems.
- Directs engineering’s strategic direction, development and future growth and monitors changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage; analyzes the costs, value and risks of technology to advise management and suggest actions.
- Identifies, compares, selects and implements technology solutions to meet current and future needs; determines companies long- term system’s needs.
- Works closely with business leaders to define and deliver new products and enhancements; uses stakeholder feedback to inform necessary improvements and adjustments to technology.
- Sets strategy and direction for cloud-based platform that employs service-oriented architecture to enable growth in current and new customers.
- Supports and improves customized technology solutions supporting the business strategies and products to drive improved customer experience, superior functionality, greater operational efficiency, and more effective maintenance/support.
- Leads planning, managing and executing initiatives to develop the platform services balancing the needs of new and existing customers to grow the top line and enable greater profitability in the business.
- Builds organizational capabilities around appropriate standardization of development tools, quality, release and ops process models.
- Establishes metrics, targets and governance processes to ensure development delivers against success criteria such as scope, schedule, resources, and budget.
- Engages and aligns top talent through mentoring, hands-on architectural leadership and career management.
- B.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, or MIS or equivalent degree. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of software development leadership, with at least 5+ leading teams in cloud-based platforms
- Strong experience leading Agile development teams, including familiarity with DevOps
- Track record of being a people-focused software development leader; one that understands both developing a strong culture among development teams as well as evangelizing the latest & greatest technologies
- A dynamic collaborative approach.
- A passion for innovation, leading through change, and creating an amazing engineering culture.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building