Digital inspections in heavy equipment manufacturing
“Digitizing our quality inspections with Proceedix resulted in over 70% of time savings and in a significant improvement of our quality performance.”
Teresa Gilbough, Quality Manager, Sany America
Supported by Gemba Systems Inc., SANY America implemented the Proceedix digital instruction and inspection execution platform. As a result, SANY America’s quality inspectors no longer need to waste time printing and retrieving paper inspection sheets.
Instead, they now have all the right and up-to-date inspection procedures at their immediate disposal – digitally. Instead of holding paper and pen, while climbing in and out of excavators, they can record inspection results hands-free using Google Glasses.
Any quality issues can be documented -including pictures, videos and comments- in a matter of seconds, and communicated instantly. Inspection reports are generated automatically, and custom dashboards show historical performance with powerful drill-down capabilities, enabling focused continuous improvement activities.
SANY America has seen a whole range of benefits from its digitization initiative.
– No more walking back-and-forth to pick up and submit printed paper inspection forms
– Quality inspections are much faster and more accurate, using tapping or voice – instead of writing – to work through the inspection steps
– Repair requests are fully documented and communicated in seconds
– Detailed inspection reports and aggregated performance reporting are generated automatically and available instantly (eliminating the need for manual data entry, copy-pasting pictures, manually updating charts, etc.)
– People are empowered and happy with tools that make their jobs easier
– Overall, SANY’s Quality Team estimates time savings of at least 70%
– Quality performance of the Assembly and Paint teams has improved quickly and very significantly, thanks to thorough inspections, detailed documentation, effective communication, and focused follow-up.Download the testimonial